The New York Mets have only managed to pick up two victories in the last six starts by pitcher Matt Harvey as the righthander heads to the mound on Wednesday night at home in top baseball odds action against the San Francisco Giants.
Harvey sits at 6-3 with a 3.05 ERA on the season, and he did get back into the win column last time out when he held the Diamondbacks to two runs in seven innings of work. Tim Hudson (3-5, 4.41 ERA) will get the ball for the Giants.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting San Francisco Giants were 151 moneyline underdogs in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bodog. The total was 6.5 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 5.5-3.6 result in favor of the Giants.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Mets sport a record of 31-28 heading into this matchup, while the San Francisco Giants sit at 33-26 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs San Francisco injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 24 (New York Mets) and the No. 9 (San Francisco Giants) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and New York has baseball’s No. 25-rated offensive output, at 7.88 hits per game. The San Francisco Giants average 9.54 hits per game, good for No. 2 on the list.
New York owns the No. 6 defense, allowing 3.71 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with San Francisco’s No. 9-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chris Heston silenced the Mets bats in a 5-0 victory last time out versus New York at Citi Field.
- San Francisco is 16-8 SU in its last 24 games
- San Francisco is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 6 games
- San Francisco is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- NY Mets is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- NY Mets is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games when playing San Francisco
- NY Mets is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against San Francisco
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 6 games when playing at home against San Francisco
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco at New York, Thursday, June 11th