The San Francisco Giants are currently in a battle for the NL wild-card race but they will need to find a way to defeat the San Diego Padres – a team they have struggled against – on Thursday. The Giants have dropped their past six games to the Padres while being outscored 29-15.
– Shark BITES
- The UNDER is 9-3 in the past 12 games between the Giants and Padres.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of the Giants’ last 12 games on the road.
- Only one player in the Giants’ lineup has ever recorded an extra-base hit against Christian Friedrich.
Jeff Samardzija has had his personal difficulties with the Padres, as he has surrendered nine runs across 11.0 innings against San Diego since the all-star break. ‘The – Shark ’ has been rounding into fine form recently, as he has posted a 2.74 ERA in his past eight starts.
The Padres will send Christian Friedrich – who has been solid, yet unspectacular – to the bump Thursday. The lefty has posted a 4.78 ERA on the season while getting a solid 4.81 runs of support per outing.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the San Diego Padres in this matchup found them as 140 underdogs on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 8 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bovada.
Odds – Shark prediction models pick the Giants to win this game 3.9-2.8. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Francisco Giants vs San Diego Padres Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
San Diego (64-88) will face the 80-72 Giants in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Diego vs San Francisco injuries news.
The San Diego Padres sit at No. 27 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark , while the San Francisco Giants sit at No. 11 on the same chart.
At the plate, San Diego owns the No. 30 ranking for hits at 7.84 per game. By contrast, the San Francisco Giants are rated No. 13 in the same category at 8.8 per game.
Defensively, San Francisco features the No. 6-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.99 runs per game. San Diego, meanwhile, comes in at No. 19 at home, scoring 4.26 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
San Francisco didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 9-3 to Los Angeles on Wednesday at Dodger Stadium.
San Diego didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 3-2 to Arizona on Wednesday at PETCO Park.
- San Francisco is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games
- San Francisco is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- San Francisco is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- San Diego is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games
- San Diego is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Diego’s last 5 games
- San Diego is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco at San Diego, Friday, September 23rd