The San Francisco Giants and Pittsburgh Pirates are on opposite ends of spectrum in the National League right now, and they’ll do battle on Monday at PNC Park.
- The total has gone UNDER in five of the Giants’ last seven games as a moneyline fave of over -200.
- The total has gone OVER in the Pirates’ last nine games with Jeff Locke as the starting pitcher.
- The Pirates are 18-7 SU in their last 25 games at home after consecutive losses at home.
San Fran has built a 6.5 game lead over L.A. in the National League West and has won eight-straight contests since June 10, while the Pirates have dropped 10 of their last 11 tilts.
Madison Bumgarner and Jeff Locke will get the nod for the tilt. Bumgarner (8-2, 1.91 ERA) improved to 7-0 over his last 10 starts Tuesday as he limited Milwaukee to two runs and four hits in eight innings. Locke has surrendered 18 runs and 20 hits while working only 8.5 innings over his last two outings.
Despite their recent slide, the Buccos have enjoyed some success against the Giants. Pittsburgh is 6-1 in its last seven versus San Francisco.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Pittsburgh Pirates as 175 underdogs on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 7 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 7.6-1.2 win for the Giants on Monday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Francisco Giants vs Pittsburgh Pirates Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Pittsburgh Pirates sport a record of 33-36 heading into this matchup, while the San Francisco Giants sit at 44-26 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Pittsburgh vs San Francisco injuries news.
The Pittsburgh Pirates vs San Francisco Giants odds would favor the Giants if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Pittsburgh is rated No. 28 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while San Francisco is at No. 1.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Pittsburgh has baseball’s No. 12-rated offensive output, at 9.35 hits per game. The San Francisco Giants average 8.69 hits per game, good for No. 14 on the list.
Comparing defensive stats, San Francisco owns the No. 6-rated road mark, allowing 3.74 runs per game on the highway. Pittsburgh, on the other hand, rates No. 10 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
San Francisco got the job done in their last match in a 5-1 victory over Tampa Bay on Sunday at Tropicana Field behind starter J Peavy.
Pittsburgh batters were mowed down by K Hendricks in their last start, falling 10-5 against Chicago while striking out 12 times on Sunday at Wrigley Field.
- San Francisco is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- San Francisco is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- San Francisco is 15-5 SU in its last 20 games on the road
- San Francisco is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Pittsburgh is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Pittsburgh’s last 13 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco at Pittsburgh, Tuesday, June 21st