The Boston Red Sox spent the first half of the season worrying about their starting pitching rotation, but things look just fine as the season reaches late July. Next up on the docket for the BoSox is a home date with the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday.
- The Giants are 0-4 in their last 4 games on the road.
- The UNDER is 3-1 in the Giants’ last 4 games after a loss.
- The Red Sox are 7-1 in their last 8 games.
Matt Cain and Drew Pomeranz are slated to get the start. Cain (1-5, 5.34 ERA) has been out for two months with a hamstring injury that he suffered on May 27. The veteran was hammered for nine runs on 10 hits over four innings in his last minor league rehab start on Friday.
Pomeranz (8-7, 2.47) made the National League All-Star team for San Diego before getting dealt to the Sox. Pomeranz dominated in his final three outings before the break, allowing a total of one run and 10 hits in 21 innings.
The Sox have been a great source of UNDERs lately. The UNDER is 6-0 in Boston’s last six tilts.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Boston sat as -175 favorites earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 10.5, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Red Sox to win this game 3.3-2.8. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Francisco Giants vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Boston (52-39) will face the 57-37 Giants in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs San Francisco injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Boston Red Sox rated this week at No. 16 and the San Francisco Giants sitting at No. 14.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
R Porcello shut down the Giants in their last game, striking out 3 in a 4-0 shutout over San Francisco in baseball action at Fenway Park.
- San Francisco is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- San Francisco is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 6 games
- San Francisco is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Boston is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Boston is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston’s last 5 games
- Boston is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco at New York, Friday, July 22nd
Boston home to Minnesota, Thursday, July 21st