The Los Angeles Clippers finally ended their worst losing streak of the season – a six-game slide – and will look to turn their fortunes around vs the Memphis Grizzlies in Wednesday’s NBA action.
- The Grizzlies are 2-5 SU in their last seven games against the Clippers.
- The Clippers are 2-6 ATS in their last eight games against teams with winning records.
- The Grizzlies are 13-4 ATS in their last 17 games against the Clippers.
The bad news for Clippers backers is star point guard Chris Paul is expected to sit out once again. Paul, who’s listed as doubtful with a left hamstring injury, has been sidelined for six of the team’s past seven tilts.
Memphis is playing in the third contest of a four-game California road trip and fell to 1-1 on the excursion after losing to the Los Angeles Lakers 116-102 on Tuesday. Grizzlies center Marc Gasol played despite suffering a sprained left ankle and contributed 22 points, seven assists and six boards in the setback.
Los Angeles’ defense has fallen off a proverbial cliff since the squad started 14-2. The Clippers were the best defensive team in the NBA in November, but have since struggled mightily and now rank ninth in scoring defense at 102.9 points per game.
The UNDER is paying out when these teams collide. In the past eight meetings between the Clippers and Grizzlies, the UNDER is 7-1.
Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Clippers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Los Angeles Clippers sport a record of 23-14 and 17-20 ATS heading into this matchup, while the Memphis Grizzlies sit at 22-15 and 19-18 ATS on the NBA season. The OVER/UNDER totals betting records are 21-16 for the Los Angeles Clippers and 18-19 for the Memphis Grizzlies. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Memphis injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
betting Power Rankings have the Los Angeles Clippers at No. 15 and the Memphis Grizzlies at No. 8 heading into this NBA contest.
In rebounding, the battle of the boards features Los Angeles’s No. 16-rated NBA squad against Memphis’s No. 17-rated roster. When it comes to long-range shooting, Los Angeles rates No. 9 in the league with 10.27 per game, while their foes tonight rank No. 19 with 8.84 per outing.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Grizzlies endured a 116-102 loss at the hands of the Lakers on Tuesday, despite a 22-point effort from Marc Gasol at STAPLES Center.
Los Angeles got 22 points from JJ Redick en route to a 109-98 victory over Phoenix on Monday at STAPLES Center.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Memphis’s last 6 games
- Memphis is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Memphis is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Memphis’s last 5 games on the road
- LA Clippers is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- LA Clippers is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of LA Clippers’s last 7 games
- LA Clippers is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Memphis at Golden State, Friday, January 6th
Los Angeles at Sacramento, Friday, January 6th