The Memphis Grizzlies and Indiana Pacers faltered in their respective season opening games but will be looking to collect the first win of the young NBA campaign Thursday in Indiana. The Grizz are coming off a 106-76 blowout at the hands of the Cleveland Cavaliers, while the Pacers squandered a 16 point lead and fell to the Toronto Raptors 106-99 north of the border.
- The OVER is 7-1 in Indiana’s last eight home games.
- The Grizzlies are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings in Indiana.
- Paul George went just 4-for-17 from the field in Indiana’s opening tilt Wednesday.
Both squads will be playing their second contest in the last 24 hours which could favor a low scoring game. Indiana was 5-13 SU and 8-9-1 ATS in the second game of back to backs last season, but went just 1-7 SU and 1-6-1 ATS in their last eight. The UNDER paid out in six of the aforementioned eight matchups.
Memphis wasn’t particularly strong at the end of the year in that department either, going 2-5 SU in their last seven back to back games. The total went UNDER in their last four when playing twice in a row.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as TopBet had the Indiana Pacers installed as 2.5-point underdogs in this particular NBA matchup. The over-under betting line for the total number of point scored was listed by most sportsbooks, including Bodog, at 186.5.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 98-97 victory for the Grizzlies. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NBA matchups here.
Memphis Grizzlies vs Indiana Pacers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Indiana Pacers currently sport a record of 0-1, and have posted a corresponding betting slate of 0-1 ATS. The Memphis Grizzlies are 0-1 and 0-1 ATS. Betting totals have seen the Pacers post a 1-0 OVER/UNDER record this season, while the Grizzlies have gone 0-1 against the total number of points scored. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Indiana vs Memphis injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
betting Power Rankings have the Indiana Pacers at No. 14 and the Memphis Grizzlies at No. 18 heading into this NBA contest.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Memphis is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Memphis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Memphis’s last 7 games
- Memphis is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- Indiana is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Indiana is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Indiana’s last 5 games
- Indiana is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Memphis home to Brooklyn, Saturday, October 31st
Indiana home to Utah, Saturday, October 31st