The Charlotte Hornets, losers of three straight, continue their five-game road trip when they take on the Boston Celtics on Friday. The Hornets have had issues against the Celtics, as Charlotte has gone 1-5 SU and ATS in its past six against Boston. These two teams have met once already early in the season, with the Celtics taking a 104-98 victory.
– Shark Bites
- The Celtics are 0-7 SU in their last 7 games against teams with winning records
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of the Hornets’ last 8 games on the road.
- The Celtics are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games at home.
The Hornets will be without star Kemba Walker, as the point guard will miss his first game of the season to tend to a personal matter. Ramon Sessions, who has played in every game this season, will get the start at the point in Walker’s absence. During the Hornets’ current three-game losing streak, they are allowing 111.7 points per game.
The Celtics find themselves in the reverse situation as the Hornets, as point guard Isaiah Thomas is expected to be back in the lineup following a four-game absence due to a groin strain. Boston won its first game without Thomas, but since then the Celtics have gone 0-3 SU while averaging nearly eight points less than their season average.
Charlotte Hornets vs Boston Celtics Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Charlotte Hornets will try to spoil the party on Friday; they are 12-13-1 ATS against the betting spread this NBA season, while the Boston Celtics are 13-12 ATS. Charlotte is 14-11 vs the betting total points scored; Boston is 8-16. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Charlotte injuries news.
It’s a betting matchup between the No. 10-rated Boston Celtics and the No. 19-ranked Charlotte Hornets, according to the NBA Power Rankings here at Odds – Shark .
The game also pits Boston’s No. 14-ranked offense averaging 104.32 PPG, against a Charlotte Hornets defense that ranks No. 11 at 102.46 PPG. The Boston Celtics field goal percentage has averaged 44.78% so far, more than the Charlotte Hornets shooters have achieved on the year, 43.85% per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Marco-Stefano Belinelli scored 14 points in a failed effort to lead the Hornets to victory (they lost 110-94 to Indiana at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Monday).
Boston suffered a 99-96 loss against Oklahoma City on Sunday, getting 19 points from Al Horford in a losing effort at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
- Charlotte is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- Charlotte is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Charlotte is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Charlotte’s last 8 games on the road
- Boston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Boston’s last 19 games
- Boston is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Boston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Charlotte at Atlanta, Saturday, December 17th
Boston at Miami, Sunday, December 18th