Despite getting ravaged by injuries, the Tampa Bay Lightning are still getting the job done and have collected points in five of their last six games ahead of Saturday’s clash with the Carolina Hurricanes.
- The Hurricanes are 0-4 in the last 4 meetings in Tampa Bay.
- The home team is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.
- The UNDER is 4-1-1 in the last 6 meetings in Tampa Bay.
The Hurricanes have gone 5-1-1 over their last seven contests to make a run for the Metropolitan Division. The ‘Canes have allowed just nine goals in their last five games and shut out Tampa Bay 1-0 in overtime on December 4.
Carolina backers will be hoping the squad can build off that momentum, as they’ve historically struggled vs the Eastern Conference foes. Carolina is just 2-8 in its last 10 vs Tampa.
The OVER has been the totals play when these teams meet, as four of the last five matchups between the clubs have gone above the closing total.
Carolina Hurricanes vs Tampa Bay Lightning Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Tampa Bay Lightning sport a record of 18-15-4 heading into this matchup, while the Carolina Hurricanes sit at 16-12-7 on the season. The OVER/UNDER records are 17-15-5 for the Lightning and 13-15-7 for the Hurricanes. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Tampa Bay vs Carolina injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 15 (Tampa Bay Lightning) and the No. 11 (Carolina Hurricanes) teams according to our current NHL Power Rankings.
The game also pits Tampa Bay’s No. 9-ranked offense, averaging 2.86 goals per game, against a Hurricanes defense that ranks No. 12 at 2.71 goals allowed. The Lightning power play is averaging 22.22% while the Hurricanes defense kills off 90.7% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Carolina won its last outing, a 3-2 result against the Blackhawks on December 30. Bettors who backed the Hurricanes at -138 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (5) sent PUSH bettors to the payout window.
Last time out for Tampa Bay, they were a 3-2 loser as they battled the Maple Leafs at home. Moneyline bettors who got the Maple Leafs at +116 were rewarded, while the 5 combined goals moved the game UNDER for totals bettors.
- Carolina is 14-5 ATS in its last 19 games
- Carolina is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Carolina is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Carolina is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games at home
- Tampa Bay is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games when playing Carolina
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games when playing Carolina
Next Betting Matchups
Carolina home to New Jersey, Tuesday, January 3rd
Tampa Bay home to Winnipeg, Tuesday, January 3rd