The Indians dropped a game to the Royals last night but will be pretty disappointed if they don’t even up the series tonight as they send their breakout star Danny Salazar (10-3, 2.75 ERA) to the mound at Kauffman Stadium to take on Brian Flynn (2.39 ERA) who is making his first start of the year.
- The Indians are 7-1 in their last eight games with Salazar as their starting pitcher.
- The visiting team is 0-9 in the last nine matchups between these teams.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of the Royals’ last 12 games on Tuesday.
Salazar is coming off a rough outing against the Yanks in which he gave up six runs. Before that game, though, he had a seven-game winning streak and his ERA was as low as 2.22. Salazar has owned the Royals this year with a 0.57 ERA in two starts that both resulted in Indians’ wins.
Flynn has been pitching some pretty good relief for the Royals this year but has only made five starts throughout his entire career. His longest outing this season was in a long relief role in a game Edinson Volquez got torched for 11 earned runs in the first inning. Flynn pitched five innings of one-run ball in that appearance.
The Royals have been impressive at home this year but Salazar has been lights out on the road. If you can find the Indians plus money anywhere, it may be a wise wager.
Cleveland Indians vs Kansas City Royals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Kansas City (47-45) will face the 54-38 Indians in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Kansas City vs Cleveland injuries news.
The Kansas City Royals sit at No. 26 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Cleveland Indians sit at No. 10 on the same chart.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Kansas City has baseball’s No. 25-rated offensive output, at 9.27 hits per game. The Cleveland Indians average 9 hits per game, good for No. 11 on the list.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Kansas City has the No. 11-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Indians own the No. 6 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Indians were saddled with a loss last time out in C Kluber’s start, as they lost 7-3 against Kansas City on Monday at Kauffman Stadium.
- Cleveland is 16-8 ATS in its last 24 games
- Cleveland is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Cleveland is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games
- Cleveland is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- Kansas City is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games
- Kansas City is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Kansas City’s last 9 games
- Kansas City is 17-6 SU in its last 23 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cleveland at Kansas City, Wednesday, July 20th