The Kansas City Royals have managed to pick up the victory and MLB payout in four of their last five games against Cleveland Indians starting pitcher Corey Kluber with those division rivals hitting the diamond together on Wednesday.
Kluber is just 3-5 with a 3.52 ERA so far this season, but he’s given up only five runs over 32 innings in his last four trips to the mound. Jason Vargas (3-2, 5.16 ERA) is the probable pitcher for the Royals for Wednesday’s contest.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Kansas City Royals were listed as 121 moneyline underdogs earlier in the day at BetOnline, while odds makers set the opening total line around 7.5 earlier at Bodog.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 5.1-4.8 result in favor of the Indians.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Kansas City Royals sport a record of 29-20 heading into this matchup, while the Cleveland Indians sit at 25-26 on the season Stay Informed: Follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Kansas City vs Cleveland injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings have the Kansas City Royals at No. 12 and the Cleveland Indians at No. 1 heading into this contest.
At the plate, Kansas City owns the No. 2 ranking for hits at 9.47 per game. By contrast, the Cleveland Indians are rated No. 14 in the same category at 8.55 per game.
Comparing defensive stats, Cleveland owns the No. 2-rated road mark, allowing 3.37 runs per game on the highway. Kansas City, on the other hand, rates No. 10 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Cleveland rolled to a 2-1 win against Kansas City on Tuesday, as Carlos Carrasco and the Indians’ bats led the team to victory at Kauffman Stadium.
- Cleveland is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Cleveland’s last 16 games
- Cleveland is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Cleveland’s last 10 games on the road
- Kansas City is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 5 games
- Kansas City is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Kansas City’s last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cleveland at Kansas City, Thursday, June 4th