The Cleveland Indians have established themselves as American League contenders, and they’ll tangle with a former AL power in the Bronx on Saturday.
- The Indians are 1-4 in their last 5 overall.
- The UNDER is 9-1-2 in Sabathia’s last 12 home starts.
- The OVER is 5-1 in Kluber’s last 6 road starts.
Corey Kluber and CC Sabathia are the probable starters. Kluber (10-8, 3.27 ERA) is on a four-start stretch in which the former Cy Young Award winner has gone 2-0 with a 1.24 ERA, lasting at least seven innings in each outing. Sabathia (6-8, 4.15) has given up five runs or more in six of his last eight starts. The lefty allowed five runs in 5 2/3 frames at Cleveland last month and is 4-2 with a 3.55 ERA in 10 career starts against the Tribe.
OVER bettors have taken a liking to the Indians of late. In Cleveland’s last six games, the OVER is 5-0-1.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the New York Yankees as 148 moneyline underdogs in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 8 at shops such as Bodog.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Yankees to win this game 7.0-4.0. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Cleveland Indians vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Yankees bring a 55-54 record to the battle against the 61-46 Indians. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Cleveland injuries news.
The New York Yankees vs Cleveland Indians odds would favor the Indians if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. New York is rated No. 18 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Cleveland is at No. 16.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Cleveland Indians rank No. 8 at 9.05 hits per game. That compares with the New York Yankees No. 21 ranking in that category.
Defensively, Cleveland features the No. 6-rated defense on the road, allowing 4 runs per game. New York, meanwhile, comes in at No. 16 at home, scoring 4.43 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Cleveland suffered a 13-7 loss against New York on Friday, as J Tomlin wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at Yankee Stadium.
- Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Cleveland is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cleveland’s last 5 games
- Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games
- NY Yankees is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Yankees’s last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of NY Yankees’s last 21 games
Next Betting Matchups
Cleveland at New York, Sunday, August 7th