West Virginia is in search of their first conference title since coming over from the Big East in 2010 when they meet Iowa State Saturday. WVU has consistently come out on top against Iowa State, as the Mountaineers have won all four matchups between the two programs over the past two seasons. When these two teams met in the regular season finale just eight days ago, West Virginia won 87-76 thanks to Daxter Miles Jr’s 23 points off the bench.
– Shark BITES
- West Virginia is 1-5-1 ATS in their past 7 games.
- The total has gone OVER in Iowa State’s past 8 games.
- Iowa State is 1-4 ATS in their past 5 games against West Virginia.
It was West Virginia’s halftime adjustments that ensure their victories over Iowa State this season, as the Mountaineers held the Cyclones to an average of 33 points and a paltry 29.3 shooting percentage in the second half this season. West Virginia’s Press Virginia defense has been doing its part during the Big 12 tourney, but the offense has been faltering by averaging just 57 ppg while shooting 34.7 percent.
Iowa State enters the finals streaking, as the defeated a red-hot Oklahoma State squad in the quarters and decimated an upset-minded TCU in the semis. The dynamic trio of senior guards (Monte Morris, Nazareth Mitrou-Long and Deonte Burton) drive the Cyclones team on both ends of the floor, as they are the top three players on the team in points and steals.
Iowa State Cyclones vs West Virginia Mountaineers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The West Virginia Mountaineers bring a 26-7 record (15-14-1 ATS) to this tilt against the 22-10 Cyclones, who are 17-12 ATS. Those OVER/UNDER betting have witnessed West Virginia go 16-14 so far and the Iowa State Cyclones go 17-12.
The West Virginia Mountaineers sit at No. 36 in the current college hoops power poll here at Odds – Shark, while the Iowa State Cyclones sit at No. 87 on the same chart.
In the paint, the rebound battle will feature West Virginia’s No. 70-rated squad against Iowa State’s No. 173-rated roster. And in long-range shooting, West Virginia rates No. 122 in the country with 7.55 per game, while their foes tonight, the Iowa State Cyclones rank No. 8 nationally with 10.09 per match.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Iowa State cruised to victory on Friday, running TCU out of the gym and running up a 84-63 score at Sprint Center.
The Mountaineers got 15 points from Esa Ahmad as West Virginia ran past Kansas State 51-50 on Friday at Sprint Center.
- Iowa State is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games
- Iowa State is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Iowa State’s last 5 games
- Iowa State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing West Virginia
- West Virginia is 1-5-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- West Virginia is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of West Virginia’s last 6 games
- West Virginia is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Iowa State