Iowa State will be looking for revenge closing out the regular season against West Virginia in Morgantown on Friday. The Cyclones have been facing a daunting task when they take on the Mountaineers, as Iowa State is 0-3 SU and ATS in its past three games against WVU.
– Shark BITES
- West Virginia is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games after a loss.
- Iowa State is 0-6 SU in its last 6 games on the road after consecutive home games.
- The total has gone OVER in Iowa State’s last 5 games.
Since dropping their first game against West Virginia on January 31, the Cyclones have gone 7-1 SU with victories over Kansas and Baylor. The senior backcourt duo of Monte Morris and Nazareth Mitrou-Long has been lights out recently, as the tandem has averaged 34.2 points, 10.4 assists and 8.2 rebounds while shooting 47.5 percent from the floor in the past eight.
West Virginia is coming off a road loss to Baylor but is expecting the return of Esa Ahmad after the sophomore missed the previous three games with a back strain. Though Ahmad’s return could be a big boost, keep an eye on senior Nathan Adrian, who went off for 23 points and 11 rebounds while shooting 7-for-10 in the last game against Iowa State.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to back the Iowa State Cyclones before tip-off in this one found them as 7.5-point underdogs over at Bovada earlier.
Iowa State Cyclones vs West Virginia Mountaineers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The West Virginia Mountaineers sit at 23-7 (14-12-1 ATS) on the college basketball season. By comparison, the Iowa State Cyclones are currently 20-9 (15-11 ATS). Looking to bet on the total points scored? West Virginia is 15-12 OU, and Iowa State is 14-12 OU.
It’s a betting matchup between the No. 41-rated West Virginia Mountaineers and the No. 82-ranked Iowa State Cyclones, according to the latest pro hoops power rankings here at Odds – Shark.
The game also pits West Virginia’s No. 13-ranked offense, averaging 83.73 PPG, against a Cyclones defense that ranks No. 117 at 71.34 PPG. The Mountaineers field goal percentage has averaged 46.4% so far, less than the Cyclones marksmen have achieved on the year, 46.42% per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Cyclones grabbed a 86-83 win over the Cowboys on Tuesday, behind a 25-point effort from Matt Thomas at Hilton Coliseum.
Jevon Carter scored 18 points in a futile effort to lead the Mountaineers to a win (they lost 71-62 to Baylor at Ferrell Center on Monday).
- Iowa State is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Iowa State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Iowa State’s last 5 games
- Iowa State is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- West Virginia is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- West Virginia is 19-6 SU in its last 25 games
- West Virginia is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- West Virginia is 13-2 SU in its last 15 games at home