The Montreal Canadiens start a four-game homestand on Sunday when the Winnipeg Jets visit the Bell Centre. The Canadiens have still yet to lose a game at home this season and have won their past six at the Bell Centre including the postseason last year.
- The Jets are 3-1 in their past four games.
- Dale Weise is coming off his first career hat trick in the Canadiens last game.
- Blake Wheeler has three goals and four assists in the Jets past six games.
The Habs have outscored their opponents 15-4 at home this season. Early afternoon Friday goaltender Dutin Tokarski was recalled from the AHL following an announced lower body injury to Carey Price.
The Jets are coming into Sunday’s game after playing Saturday night, but Winnipeg is 2-0 this season in the second game of back-to-backs. In the second game of back-to-backs this season the Jets have outscored teams 7-2.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
If you’re backing the visiting Winnipeg Jets in this one, they Jets listed earlier today as underdogs of 157 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Those over/under total betting saw the number open in the area of 5, depending on the book.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 3.5-3 result in favor of the Canadiens. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Winnipeg Jets vs Montreal Canadiens Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Montreal will face the 7-3-1 Jets. In totals betting, the Canadiens are 6-4-2 in over under betting so far this season while the Winnipeg Jets are 5-5-1. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Montreal vs Winnipeg injuries news.
The Jets – Canadiens odds would favor the Canadiens if the lines were set according to our power ranks. Montreal is rated No. 5 in the current Odds – VSB
poll, while Winnipeg is at No. 15.
Offensively, the game matches up the Montreal Canadiens No. 2-ranked offense (3.75 goals per game) against a Winnipeg Jets defense that ranks No. 13 at 2.55 goals per game allowed. The Canadiens powerplay has clicked at a 23.81% rate while the Jets have a 85.37% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Winnipeg was a 3-2 winner in its last match on the road against the Blue Jackets. They won as -133 underdogs, while the total score of 5 made winners of UNDER bettors.
Last time out for Montreal, they were a 6-2 winner as they battled the Flames on the road. Moneyline bettors who got the Canadiens at -108 were rewarded, while the 8 combined goals moved the game OVER for totals bettors.
- Winnipeg is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Winnipeg’s last 10 games on the road
- Winnipeg is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing Montreal
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Winnipeg’s last 6 games when playing Montreal
- Montreal is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Montreal’s last 5 games
- Montreal is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Montreal is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games when playing Winnipeg
Next Betting Matchups
Winnipeg at Toronto, Wednesday, November 4th
Montreal home to Ottawa, Tuesday, November 3rd