Heading into Week 2 of the NFL season there is likely no hotter UNDER wager than the Indianapolis Colts, who have failed to top the closing total in eight consecutive games. The Colts will host Ryan Fitzpatrick and the New York Jets on Monday night.
- Indianapolis is 10-2-1 ATS in its last 13 games at home.
- Colts QB Andrew Luck has four touchdowns and six interceptions in his past three starts.
- Colts WR T.Y. Hilton is day-to-day after injuring his knee in Week 1.
In their past eight contests, which includes last season’s playoffs, the Colts and their opponents have averaged a combined 41 points compared to an average closing total of 49.5. Indy was blitzed mercilessly by the Bills in a Week 1 defeat, which frustrated quarterback Andrew Luck.
The Jets successfully took advantage of Brandon Marshall’s height difference in Week 1, with the big-time receiver posting six catches and a touchdown. For Monday, the Colts’ tallest cornerback is 6’0, while Marshall is listed as 6’3.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The New York Jets were listed as 5.5-point underdogs at sportsbooks such as TopBet, with the total listed at 46.5.
Odds – VSB
prediction models pick the Colts to win this game on Monday 28-20. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NFL matchups here.
New York Jets vs Indianapolis Colts Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Indianapolis battles the New York Jets, currently with a 1-0 mark (1-0 ATS). The over under records, important for totals betting, are 0-1 for the Colts and 1-0 for the Jets. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Indianapolis vs New York injuries news.
The power rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Indianapolis Colts rated this week at No. 15 and the New York Jets sitting at No. 25.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York cruised to victory in its last outing, as they ran up a 31-10 score against Cleveland at MetLife Stadium.
The Colts’s last action saw them get a 2-TD performance from Andrew Luck, but they were handed a 27-14 loss by Buffalo at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
- NY Jets is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- NY Jets is 4-12 SU in its last 16 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Jets’s last 9 games
- NY Jets is 4-7-2 ATS in its last 13 games on the road
- Indianapolis is 13-5 SU in its last 18 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Indianapolis’s last 5 games
- Indianapolis is 10-2-1 ATS in its last 13 games at home
- Indianapolis is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York home to Philadelphia, Sunday, September 27th
Indianapolis at Tennessee, Sunday, September 27th