In what’s become a common theme in Jacksonville, the 2015 season could soon become yet another lost one for the Jaguars if the team can’t find ways to string together victories. Gus Bradley’s club will try and get things on the right track in Week 9 opposite the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium.
- The Jaguars are 6-2 ATS in their last eight games against the Jets.
- The total has gone under in four of the Jets’ last five games in November.
- The Jaguars are 0-4 SU and ATS in their last four games after winning as an underdog.
The Jags (2-5 SU, 3-4 ATS) are lucky to be playing in the suddenly weak AFC South, but have allowed opponents to put up 207 points while only registering 147 of their own so far this year.
The Jets, who failed to cover the -3 spread in Week 8 by losing 34-20 to the Oakland Raiders, have historically not performed well in this position. In their last 12 games following a SU loss as favorites, New York is a paltry 1-11 ATS.
A 30-17 result in favor of the Jets is the prediction by the Odds – VSB
handicapping pick engine. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NFL matchups here.
Jacksonville Jaguars vs New York Jets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
New York battles the Jacksonville Jaguars, currently with a 2-5 mark (3-4 ATS). The over under records, important for totals betting, are 4-3 for the Jets and 5-2 for the Jaguars. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Jacksonville injuries news.
The Power Rankings at Odds – VSB
have the No. 29-rated Jacksonville Jaguars taking on the No. 8-rated New York Jets in this betting contest.
The game also pits New York’s No. 11-ranked offense, averaging 24.57 PPG, against a Jaguars defense that ranks No. 31 this week at 29.57 PPG. The Jets aerial game is averaging 249.14 yards per game, less than the Jaguars secondary allows through the air, 263.86 YPG per game.
Defensively, the Jacksonville Jaguars feature the league’s No. 20-rated road run defense, allowing 122.67 yards per game. The New York Jets, meanwhile, ranks No. 4 in rushing offense at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Last time we saw the Bills, they had no answer for T.J. Yeldon as the Jaguars rolled to a 34-31 victory at Wembley Stadium.
Brandon Marshall was good for 108 receiving yards in the Jets’s most recent action, but while it helped his stats, it didn’t help his team to victory and they fell 34-20 to the Jets.
- Jacksonville is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Jacksonville’s last 6 games
- Jacksonville is 4-7-1 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- Jacksonville is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- NY Jets is 7-2-1 ATS in its last 10 games
- NY Jets is 7-15 SU in its last 22 games
- NY Jets is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- NY Jets is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Jacksonville at Baltimore, Sunday, November 15th
New York home to Buffalo, Thursday, November 12th