The college basketball season gets interesting Tuesday with several Top 25 teams facing one another, including the No.4 Kansas Jayhawks facing the No.13 Michigan State Spartans. Kansas has faltered when it comes to covering against Michigan State with the Jayhawks just going 1-4 ATS in the last five between these teams.
- Kansas is 9-3 SU and ATS in their past 12 games with three days rest.
- Michigan State is 4-1 SU and ATS in their last five as home underdogs.
- The UNDER is 5-1 in Kansas’ last six as road favorites.
Kansas opened the season with a 109-72 beatdown of Northern Colorado Friday, a game that saw five different Jayhawks score double-digit points. Perry Ellis and Frank Mason III played a major part when Kansas beat Michigan State last season, with Ellis putting up 17 points and nine rebounds and Mason III posting a double-double.
Michigan State is coming off an 82-55 victory over FAU, when the Spartans outrebounded the Owls 53-26. Michigan State will be dealing with early season injuries to both Gavin Schilling and Marvin Clark.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Bettors looking to go with the Michigan State Spartans in this one found them listed as 5-point underdogs earlier on the NCAA basketball betting odds menu at Bodog. Check for line moves and odds updates as money coming in on the Jayhawks was expected to move the line.
Kansas Jayhawks vs Michigan State Spartans Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Michigan State Spartans battles the Kansas Jayhawks, currently sitting with a 1-0 mark (1-0 ATS). The OVER/UNDER records, always important for totals betting, are 0-1 for the Michigan State Spartans and 1-0 for the Kansas Jayhawks.
The Spartans – Jayhawks odds would favor the Jayhawks if the lines were set according to our power ranks. Michigan State is rated No. 79 in the current Odds – VSB
poll, while Kansas is at No. 68.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Kansas is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games
- Kansas is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas’s last 6 games
- Kansas is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Michigan State
- Michigan State is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Michigan State is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Michigan State’s last 13 games
- Michigan State is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Kansas
Next Betting Matchups
Kansas at Chaminade, Monday, November 23rd
Michigan State at Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Friday, November 20th