The 2016-17 Los Angeles Lakers have started to resemble the putrid 2015-16 Lakers over the last week, but Luke Walton’s club will look to halt a five-game slide against the New York Knicks in California tonight.
- The Knicks are 4-0 ATS in their last four games on the road.
- The Lakers are 0-5 SU and ATS in their last five games.
- The Knicks are 4-0 SU and 3-1 ATS in their last four games against the Lakers.
L.A. has really felt the loss of guards D’Angelo Russell and Nick Young, and it’s showing on the defensive end. With the duo sidelined due to injury, the Lakers are allowing opponents to average 112.8 points while going 3-10 in their last 13 games.
The Knicks have collected wins in five of their last six and started the road trip strong with a 103-100 victory over Sacramento on Friday. New York has triumphed in the last four meetings between the squads dating back to the last two seasons.
New York has been getting the job done against weaker competition, going 5-0 SU and ATS in their past five vs teams with losing records.
New York Knicks vs Los Angeles Lakers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Supporters of the New York Knicks have seen them go 13-10 and 14-9 ATS so far this NBA season, while the Los Angeles Lakers are at 10-15 and 11-13-1 ATS. In Over/Under totals betting, the Lakers are 16-9, while the New York Knicks are 11-11-1. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs New York injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
betting Power Rankings have the Los Angeles Lakers at No. 26 and the New York Knicks at No. 17 heading into this NBA contest.
Offensively the game matches up Los Angeles’s No. 12-ranked offense (104.92 PPG) against a New York Knicks defense that ranks No. 23 at 106.87 PPG. The Los Angeles Lakers have averaged 44.76% from the field per game, more than the New York Knicks have managed so far this NBA season (44.63% on average).
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Knicks got a 33-point performance from Carmelo Anthony as New York handed Sacramento a 103-100 defeat on Friday at Golden 1 Center.
Los Angeles got 35 points from Louis Williams en route to a 119-115 loss at the hands of Los Angeles on Friday at STAPLES Center.
- New York is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- New York is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- New York is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- New York is 8-15 SU in its last 23 games on the road
- LA Lakers is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- LA Lakers is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Lakers’s last 5 games
- LA Lakers is 2-6-1 ATS in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Phoenix, Tuesday, December 13th
Los Angeles at Sacramento, Monday, December 12th