The Chicago Blackhawks have paid off on the NHL moneyline in seven of their last eight games at home as they play host to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday night in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup final with the series all square at one win each.
The Lightning tied up the best-of-seven set at 1-1 on Saturday night with a 4-3 home win as a -135 favorite on the NHL betting lines at the sportsbooks. The Blackhawks were 2-1 winners in Game 1 as betting underdogs in Tampa Bay.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
If you’re going with the Chicago Blackhawks in this one, they were listed as moneyline favorites of -148 on most NHL hockey betting menus (such as Bodog) early today for Monday’s contest. The over-under total was at 5.5 earlier at Bet365.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 3.1-3 win for the Blackhawks.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Supporters of the Tampa Bay Lightning have seen them go 63-33-8 so far this season, while the Blackhawks are at 61-33-7. In totals betting, the Chicago Blackhawks are 38-47-16, while the Lightning are 53-48-3. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Tampa Bay injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
NHL Power Rankings have the Chicago Blackhawks at No. 22 and the Tampa Bay Lightning at No. 2 heading into this contest.
The game also pits Chicago’s No. 11-ranked offense, averaging 2.87 goals per game, against a Lightning defense that ranks No. 9 at 2.55 goals allowed. The Blackhawks power play is averaging 17.98% while the Lightning defense kills off 83.13% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago was a 4-3 loser in its last match on the road against the Lightning. They lost as +122 underdogs, while the total score of 7 made winners of OVER bettors.
- Tampa Bay is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games when playing Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games when playing Chicago
- Chicago is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chicago’s last 6 games
- Chicago is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chicago’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Tampa Bay at Chicago, Wednesday, June 10th