Two teams that are very familiar with each other square off in NHL action Saturday evening when the Tampa Bay Lightning invade the United Centre for a Stanley Cup Final rematch against the Chicago Blackhawks. Chicago, who won the series in six games to hoist their third Cup in six seasons, will be seeking to continue its strong defensive effort that limited the Bolts to just 10 goals last June.
- The Blackhawks are 4-0-0 when scoring first so far this year.
- Chicago defenseman Duncan Keith was recently ruled out for 4-6 weeks.
- The UNDER is 7-0 in the last 7 meetings between the two clubs in Chicago.
Tampa Bay (5-2-1) is likely to give the reigns of the goaltending position to rookie Kristers Gudlevskis. Gudlevskis has one NHL game under his belt, a 3-2 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on April 11, 2014.
Tampa has been solid on the road this season, going 3-1-1 against opponents away from home.
Odds – VSB
prediction models pick the Blackhawks to win this game 3-2.8. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Chicago Blackhawks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Blackhawks bring a 4-3-0 record to the battle against the 5-2-1 Lightning. OVER/UNDER bettors have seen Chicago go 0-5-2 so far and the Lightning go 4-3-1. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Tampa Bay injuries news.
According to new NHL Power Rankings here at Odds – VSB
, it’s the No. 19-ranked Chicago Blackhawks and the No. 3-rated Tampa Bay Lightning in this matchup.
The game also pits Chicago’s No. 19-ranked offense, averaging 2.43 goals per game, against a Lightning defense that ranks No. 23 at 2.88 goals allowed. The Blackhawks power play is averaging 24% while the Lightning defense kills off 68.18% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Last time out for Tampa Bay, they were a 4-3 winner as they battled the Jets on the road. Moneyline bettors who got the Lightning at -116 were rewarded, while the 7 combined goals moved the game OVER for totals bettors.
Chicago was a 3-2 winner in its last match at home against the Panthers. They won as favorites, while the total score of 5 made winners of PUSH bettors.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games
- Tampa Bay is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Tampa Bay’s last 8 games when playing Chicago
- Tampa Bay is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games when playing on the road against Chicago
- Chicago is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chicago’s last 6 games
- Chicago is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chicago’s last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Tampa Bay at St. Louis, Tuesday, October 27th
Chicago home to Anaheim, Monday, October 26th