The Detroit Lions have been a terrible wager in divisional road games in recent seasons as they travel to TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis for a Week 2 NFL betting matchup against the Minnesota Vikings.
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of Detroit’s last 21 games.
- Minnesota is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games.
- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson only ran the ball 10 times in Week 1.
The Lions are just 2-8-1 ATS in their last 11 road games against teams from the NFC North, and they’re also just 2-5 both SU and ATS in their last seven games on the road in the month of September. Detroit is coming off a Week 1 loss in San Diego against the Chargers.
The Vikings are 4-1 both SU and ATS in their last five games at home heading into their Week 2 matchup on their own turf, with the total having gone UNDER in their last five games against divisional opponents.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Odds makers at Bodog had the Minnesota Vikings as -3-point favorites in the game, while the betting total was sitting at 44.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 24-22 result in favor of the Vikings. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NFL matchups here.
Detroit Lions vs Minnesota Vikings Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Minnesota Vikings sport a record of 0-1 and 0-1 ATS heading into this betting matchup, while the Detroit Lions sit at 0-1 and 0-1 ATS on the season. The over under totals records are 0-1 for the Vikings and 1-0 for the Lions. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Minnesota vs Detroit injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 17 (Minnesota Vikings) and the No. 18 (Detroit Lions) teams in the league, according to our current NFL Power Rankings at Odds – VSB
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Lions’s last action saw them get a 2-TD performance from Matthew Stafford, but they were handed a 33-28 loss by San Diego at Qualcomm Stadium.
The Vikings suffered a Week 1 loss against San Francisco in their last game, falling 20-3 at Levi’s Stadium.
- Detroit is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of Detroit’s last 21 games
- Detroit is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Detroit is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Minnesota is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Minnesota’s last 12 games
- Minnesota is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Minnesota is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Detroit home to Denver, Sunday, September 27th
Minnesota home to San Diego, Sunday, September 27th