Would you like to buy a box of baseball cards for roughly half the cost of one year of Harvard tuition? If this describes you — and it does — then know that Topps is here to help.
On Friday, the expert purveyor of baseball cards announced the release of the Topps 2016 Transcendent Collection. The cost? It’s an exceedingly nominal $22,000.
What do you get for 22 large? Let’s make with the Topps spec sheet …
- 50 gold-framed autograph cards
- At least 1 guaranteed autograph card from each of the 39 active signers
- At least one 1/1 autograph card is guaranteed
- 1 Oversized Cut Signature Box Topper 1/1 Autograph Card
- 1 Kris Bryant 1/1 Autograph Card
- 1 Original 1/1 Sketch Card
- 1 set of 50 Base Cards (numbered to 65)
- 1 set of Sketch Card Reproductions (numbered to 65)
- 1 invitation to the Topps 65th Anniversary Celebration in Las Vegas, NV with NL MVP Kris Bryant
- 3 bonus autograph redemption cards (Boyega, Griffey, Seager)
All right. That sounds lucrative enough. Also, know that the $22,000 collection of note comes in the following handsome attache …
Worth it for the case alone, you’ll agree — convenient for leaving in a bus station locker, as previously arranged with your unsanctioned creditors.
No go forth and spend the money you don’t need.
(h/t: Big League Stew)