Two teams trending in opposite directions are set to collide today when the Seattle Mariners invade California for a four-game set against the Los Angeles Angels. Losers of 10 straight, the Angels have not dropped 11 in a row since 1999.
- The total has gone OVER in five of the Mariners’ last seven games against the Angels.
- The total has gone OVER in six of the Mariners’ last eight games on the road.
- The Mariners are 2-6 SU in their last eight games on the road against the Angels.
Felix Hernandez and Ricky Nolasco are the probable starters. Hernandez (6-4, 3.39 ERA) is 1-2 with a 4.03 ERA against the Angels this season and 15-16 against them in 49 career starts.
Nolasco (4-9, 5.14) has not performed well at home, going 1-1 with a bloated 7.00 ERA in three career outings there. The 33-year-old was acquired from Minnesota at the trade deadline.
Due to their slumping offense, the Angels have been a great UNDER bet lately. The UNDER is 5-2 in Los Angeles’ last seven tilts.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Los Angeles sat as 125 underdogs earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 8, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 6.8-1.7 victory for the Mariners. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Seattle Mariners vs Los Angeles Angels Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Los Angeles Angels bring a 49-68 record to the battle against the 62-54 Mariners. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Seattle injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Los Angeles Angels at No. 29 and the Seattle Mariners at No. 9 heading into this contest.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Los Angeles has baseball’s No. 14-rated offensive output, at 8.88 hits per game. The Seattle Mariners average 8.83 hits per game, good for No. 13 on the list.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Los Angeles has the No. 25-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Mariners own the No. 10 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Seattle got the job done in their last match in a 8-4 victory over Oakland on Sunday at O.co Coliseum behind starter W LeBlanc.
The Angels were saddled with a loss last time out in Jered Weaver’s start, as they lost 5-4 against Cleveland on Sunday at Progressive Field.
- Seattle is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 games
- Seattle is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
- Seattle is 8-16 SU in its last 24 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Seattle’s last 8 games on the road
- LA Angels is 1-9 ATS in its last 10 games
- LA Angels is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Angels’s last 7 games
- LA Angels is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Seattle at Los Angeles, Tuesday, August 16th