Hisashi Iwakuma has had a stellar season when in enemy territory, which has the Seattle Mariners going 6-1 in the pitcher’s seven starts on the road this season. Iwakuma takes the bump for the Mariners on Tuesday when they continue their series with the Kansas City Royals.
- Mariners OF Nelson Cruz has hit .208 over the past five seasons vs. Royals SP Jeremy Guthrie.
- The Royals’ number to clinch the AL Central is three games.
- SP Jeremy Guthrie has not started for the Royals since August 19.
Iwakuma is undefeated on the road in his own right with a 4-0 record while posting a 2.78 ERA with batters hitting .220 against the righthander.
The Royals have been far from the team of the American League that many saw this season recently as they have gone 5-11 in their past 16 games. It has been Kansas City’s pitching that has been struggling the worst during their past 16 games with opponents averaging nearly six runs per game.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Kansas City was a -102 moneyline underdogs earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 8.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 5.4-4.9 victory for the Mariners. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Seattle Mariners vs Kansas City Royals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
87-62 Kansas City battles the Mariners, currently with a 73-77 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Kansas City vs Seattle injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 22 (Kansas City Royals) and the No. 4 (Seattle Mariners) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Kansas City has baseball’s No. 4-rated offensive output, at 9.31 hits per game. The Seattle Mariners average 8.53 hits per game, good for No. 20 on the list.
Seattle brings the No. 21-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Royals’s No. 9-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Seattle rolled to a 9-2 win against Texas on Sunday, as Felix Hernandez and the Mariners’ bats led the team to victory at Globe Life Park.
The Royals enjoyed a 10-3 victory at the expense of the Tigers on Sunday, with K Medlen throwing 5 innings of 5-hit ball at Comerica Park.
- Seattle is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Seattle is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Seattle’s last 11 games on the road
- Seattle is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Kansas City
- Kansas City is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 5 games
- Kansas City is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
- Kansas City is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Seattle
Next Betting Matchups
Seattle at Kansas City, Wednesday, September 23rd