Two American League teams with identical 36-35 records will square off Wednesday as Seattle gives the ball to Hisashi Iwakuma (6-5, 4.18) to pitch against Detroit’s rookie right-hander, Michael Fulmer (7-2, 2.43 ERA).
- The Tigers are 7-1 in their last 8 games with Michael Fulmer as the starting pitcher.
- The Mariners are 1-3 in their last 4 games against the Tigers.
- The Tigers are 1-4 in their last 5 games as a moneyline favorite of -125 or less.
Iwakuma has been a lock to go seven innings in his past five games, he has however, also been a lock to give up at least three runs. One thing Iwa has going for him is the right-handed dominant batting lineup of the Tigers. Right-handed batters are hitting .239 on Iwakuma compared to the gaudy .308 lefties are hitting off the veteran Japanese international.
Michael Fulmer was a highly touted prospect in the Tigers organization and through ten starts, he has proved the hype is real. Fulmer has allowed one, yes one run total in his last five starts and has only allowed two runs in his last 40 innings pitched. In two starts at home, the rookie is 2-0 with a 0.69 ERA.
With Iwakuma’s efficiency against righties and Fulmer’s dominance over his last six starts – a bet on the UNDER of the 8.5 run total may be a pretty safe.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Seattle Mariners listed as underdogs of 120 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 8.5, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 6.5-5.5 result in favor of the Mariners. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Seattle Mariners vs Detroit Tigers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Detroit (36-35) will face the 36-35 Mariners in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Detroit vs Seattle injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 10-rated Detroit Tigers and the league No. 14-ranked Seattle Mariners, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Seattle Mariners rank No. 8 at 9.08 hits per game. That compares with the Detroit Tigers No. 2 ranking in that category.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Detroit has the No. 23-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Mariners own the No. 11 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Seattle looks to rebound from a loss to the Tigers, who beat them 4-2 on Tuesday behind a start from J Verlander at Comerica Park.
- Seattle is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Seattle is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- Seattle is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Detroit
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Seattle’s last 10 games when playing Detroit
- Detroit is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 6 games
- Detroit is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
- Detroit is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Seattle
Next Betting Matchups
Seattle at Detroit, Thursday, June 23rd