The St. Louis Cardinals have lost 11 of their last 15 at Busch Stadium but will try and buck that trend on Saturday against the Miami Marlins.
- The OVER is 7-2 in the Marlins last 9 games following a win.
- The UNDER is 9-3-1 in the Cardinals last 13 games.
- The Marlins are 2-6 in the last 8 meetings.
Tom Koehler and Adam Wainwright are the probable starters for both teams. Koehler (6-7, 4.50 ERA) saw his winless stretch extend to four in the wake of Sunday’s defeat against the Cincinnati Reds. The 30-year-old has stifled Cards’ slugger Matt Holliday, as the outfielder is .171 in his life against Koehler.
Wainwright (8-5, 4.49) recorded back-to-back dominant outings into the All-Star break. Wainwright owns a 4-2 career record against Miami.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the St. Louis Cardinals as -163 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 8 at shops such as Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 4.1-3.7 win for the Cardinals on Saturday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Miami Marlins vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The St. Louis Cardinals bring a 46-43 record to the battle against the 48-41 Marlins. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs Miami injuries news.
The St. Louis Cardinals sit at No. 7 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Miami Marlins sit at No. 13 on the same chart.
At the plate, St. Louis owns the No. 12 ranking for hits at 9.02 per game. By contrast, the Miami Marlins are rated No. 2 in the same category at 9.54 per game.
Defensively, Miami features the No. 18-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.57 runs per game. St. Louis, meanwhile, comes in at No. 16 at home, scoring 4.43 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Miami rolled to a 7-6 win against St. Louis on Friday, as W Chen and the Marlins’ bats led the team to victory at Busch Stadium.
- Miami is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Miami is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Miami’s last 16 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami’s last 6 games
- St. Louis is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of St. Louis’s last 13 games
- St. Louis is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- St. Louis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Miami at St. Louis, Sunday, July 17th