The stakes are high on the diamond on Sunday, as the St. Louis Cardinals and Miami Marlins will face off in a rubber match of their three-game set at Busch Stadium.
- The Marlins are 4-1 in Conley’s last 5 starts.
- The UNDER is 5-2 in the Marlins’ last 7 games.
- The OVER is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings in St. Louis.
Adam Conley (6-5, 3.62 ERA) and Michael Wacha (5-7, 4.36) are slated to get the ball for the Marlins and Cardinals. Conley has struck out 22 batters against six walks in his last four outings. The 26-year-old will be making his first career start against the Cards on Sunday.
Wacha has kept the ball in the ballpark in each of his past two outings and five of his previous seven. Wacha is 2-4 with a 4.70 ERA at home this year.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, St. Louis sat as -145 favorites earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 8.5, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 4.4-2.8 win for the Cardinals on Sunday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Miami Marlins vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
St. Louis (47-43) will face the 48-42 Marlins in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs Miami injuries news.
The St. Louis Cardinals sit at No. 7 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Miami Marlins sit at No. 13 on the same chart.
At the plate, St. Louis owns the No. 10 ranking for hits at 9.01 per game. By contrast, the Miami Marlins are rated No. 2 in the same category at 9.47 per game.
Defensively, Miami features the No. 18-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.57 runs per game. St. Louis, meanwhile, comes in at No. 15 at home, scoring 4.45 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Marlins were shut out in their last start, struggling to get much going against the St. Louis staff and losing 5-0 to the Cardinals on Saturday at Busch Stadium.
- Miami is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Miami is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami’s last 7 games
- Miami is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- St. Louis is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- St. Louis is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of St. Louis’s last 14 games
- St. Louis is 4-12 ATS in its last 16 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Miami at Philadelphia, Monday, July 18th
St. Louis home to San Diego, Monday, July 18th