The Chicago Cubs have been owning their competition within the National League, as the Cubbies are 7-2 in their past nine games against the NL. The Cubs have outscored their opponents 38-25 in those outings while winning by multiple runs on four occasions. Chicago will aim to sweep the Miami Marlins at Wrigley Field Wednesday afternoon.
- The Marlins are 12-5 SU in their past 17 games after losing the previous matchup.
- The Cubs are 4-10 ATS in their past 14 games against the NL East.
- Tom Koehler has a 2.61 ERA in two career starts at Wrigley Field.
Tom Koehler – who takes the bump for the Marlins – has struggled in day starts this season, as the righty has a 5.36 ERA in nine early trips to the mound. However, Koehler will be coming off seven days of rest after his last start was skipped due to a sore pectoral muscle.
John Lackey will look for revenge after he got beat up by the Marlins earlier this season. The veteran righty lasted just 4.1 innings while allowing seven hits and seven earned runs against Miami on June 25.
Miami Marlins vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
65-41 Chicago battles the Marlins, currently with a 57-50 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Miami injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Chicago Cubs rated this week at No. 8 and the Miami Marlins sitting at No. 3.
Offensively, the game matches up Chicago Cubs No. 4 ranked offense (5.07 runs per game) against a Miami Marlins defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 6 at 4.08 runs allowed per game. The Chicago Cubs have been averaging 8.59 hits per game, less than the Miami Marlins have managed so far this season (9.42 hits on average).
Miami brings the No. 6-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Cubs’s No. 1-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Marlins were saddled with a loss last time out in J Fernandez’s start, as they lost 3-2 against Chicago on Tuesday at Wrigley Field.
- Miami is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Miami is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Miami’s last 7 games
- Miami is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- Chi Cubs is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Chi Cubs’s last 18 games
- Chi Cubs is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Miami at Colorado, Friday, August 5th
Chicago at Oakland, Friday, August 5th