With a 3-1 loss in the series opener Monday, the Miami Marlins have continued their losing ways at Wrigley Field. The Marlins have now lost their past six games when visiting the Chicago Cubs, which includes the last four between the two teams overall. The Marlins and Cubs will continue their three-game set Tuesday evening.
– Shark Bites
- Anthony Rizzo is 10-for-26 with 4 HRs and 9 RBIs in his career against Jeff Locke.
- The Cubs are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games with Jake Arrieta as the starting pitcher.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of the Cubs’ last 10 games against RH starters.
Jeff Locke will be making just his second start of the season after opening the year on the DL. The lefty gave up one run in 5.2 innings of work while throwing seven strikeouts and not walking a single batter in his first start five days ago. Locke made two appearances at Wrigley Field for the Pittsburgh Pirates last season and had a hefty 8.64 ERA in those outings.
The Cubs hope that heading back to Wrigley Field will help cure some of Jake Arrieta’s woes on Tuesday. Arrieta has a respectable 3.06 ERA in three home starts this season compared with a 5.20 ERA on the road. The 2015 NL Cy Young winner looked solid in his last outing in Chi-Town, allowing no earned runs over 6.0 innings of work.
Miami Marlins vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Cubs sport a record of 29-27 heading into this matchup, while the Miami Marlins sit at 24-32 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Miami injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 20-rated Chicago Cubs and the league No. 16-ranked Miami Marlins, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Chicago Cubs No. 16-ranked scoring average of 4.61 runs per game, against a Miami Marlins offense rated No. 20 and scoring 4.45 runs per game. The Cubs have averaged 7.96 hits per game to date this season, less than the Marlins hitters have managed (9.18 per nine innings).
Defensively, Miami features the No. 19-rated defense on the road, allowing 5 runs per game. Chicago, meanwhile, comes in at No. 11 at home, scoring 5 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Marlins were saddled with a loss last time out in D Straily’s start, as they lost 3-1 against Chicago on Monday at Wrigley Field.
- Miami is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games
- Miami is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
- Miami is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Miami is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 2-8 ATS in its last 10 games
- Chi Cubs is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chi Cubs’s last 7 games
- Chi Cubs is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Miami at Chicago, Wednesday, June 7th