The Miami Marlins have been practically guaranteed a victory every fifth day thanks to Jose Fernandez. The Marlins have won 10 of Fernandez’ 12 starts this season, including the past eight heading into his next start against the Arizona Diamondbacks Saturday.
– Shark Bites
- The OVER is 6-1 in the Marlins’ past seven games.
- The UNDER is 16-7 in the past 23 meetings between the Marlins and Diamondbacks.
- The Diamondbacks have lost the last six meetings with the Marlins.
Fernandez has actually been getting better as the season has gone on, as the righty has allowed just three earned runs in his past 41.0 innings pitched while registering 63 strikeouts in that span.
Zack Godley will get the call-up and start for the Diamondbacks in Saturday’s tilt – becoming the eighth different pitcher to start for the team this season. In 11 starts between Double-A And Triple-A this year, Godley is 4-5 with a 3.61 ERA.
Miami Marlins vs Arizona Diamondbacks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Arizona Diamondbacks bring a 26-37 record to the battle against the 32-29 Marlins. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Arizona vs Miami injuries news.
The Arizona Diamondbacks vs Miami Marlins odds would favor the Marlins if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Arizona is rated No. 27 in the current Odds – Shark poll, while Miami is at No. 21.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Arizona Diamondbacks No. 12-ranked scoring average of 4.41 runs per game, against a Miami Marlins offense rated No. 23 and scoring 4.03 runs per game. The Diamondbacks have averaged 9.19 hits per game to date this season, less than the Marlins hitters have managed (9.38 per nine innings).
Miami brings the No. 12-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Diamondbacks’s No. 27-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Miami rolled to a 8-6 win against Arizona on Friday, as Justin Nicolino and the Marlins’ bats led the team to victory at Chase Field.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Miami’s last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Miami’s last 5 games on the road
- Miami is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Arizona
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of Miami’s last 23 games when playing Arizona
- Arizona is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of Arizona’s last 20 games
- Arizona is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Arizona’s last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Miami at Arizona, Sunday, June 12th
Tagged with: feature