The New York Mets moved themselves into the thick of things in the National League wild-card race, and an improved offense is a big reason for that. New York hosts the Miami Marlins in the second of a key four-game series on Tuesday.
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of the Mets’ last 14 games.
- The Marlins are 15-6 SU in their last 21 games after losing the previous game in a matchup.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of the Marlins’ last five games with a closing total of 8.0 or less.
Tom Koehler and Seth Lugo are slated the get the start for the Marlins and Mets, respectively. Koehler (9-9, 3.85 ERA) is winless in his last three outings despite putting forth a quality start in each appearance. Koehler is 2-6 with a 4.13 ERA in 19 career games against the Mets.
Lugo (1-2, 2.51) is making his third straight start and looking to post back-to-back wins after limiting St. Louis to two hits in five scoreless innings on Thursday. The rookie has yet to surrender a home run in the majors and logged 24 strikeouts in 28 2/3 total innings of work.
UNDERs are the story when the Marlins and Mets play. In the last six games between the Marlins and Mets, the UNDER is 5-1.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the New York Mets as -115 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 8 at shops such as Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.4-4.2 win for the Mets. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Miami Marlins vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
67-64 New York battles the Marlins, currently with a 67-64 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Miami injuries news.
The New York Mets sit at No. 21 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Miami Marlins sit at No. 20 on the same chart.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and New York has baseball’s No. 28-rated offensive output, at 8.1 hits per game. The Miami Marlins average 9.3 hits per game, good for No. 3 on the list.
New York owns the No. 3 defense, allowing 3.9 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Miami’s No. 6-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Miami lost a tight one on Monday, seeing the game get away from them in extra innings and falling by a 2-1 score against New York at Citi Field.
- Miami is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- Miami is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Miami’s last 9 games
- Miami is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- NY Mets is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- NY Mets is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of NY Mets’s last 14 games
- NY Mets is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Miami at New York, Wednesday, August 31st