Despite suffering from injuries to the starting rotation, the New York Mets are thriving due to an uptick in offense right now. The Mets will try to clinch a series win and bury the rival Miami Marlins in the Big Apple on Wednesday.
- The Marlins are 0-3 SU in their last three games against the Mets.
- The Mets are 6-15 SU in their last 21 games after a win.
- The Marlins are 17-7 SU in their last 24 games after consecutive losses.
David Phelps and Bartolo Colon are slated to get the ball for the Marlins and Mets, respectively. Phelps (7-6, 2.52 ERA) is 1-4 with a 7.00 ERA in 11 games against the Mets in his career. Colon (12-7, 3.44) last saw Miami on June 4, when he was charged with one earned run in five innings without factoring in the decision.
The UNDER is red-hot when the Marlins take the field. In Miami’s last 10 games, the UNDER is 8-2.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Miami Marlins listed as underdogs of 113 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 7.5, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Mets to win this game 5.6-3.1. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Miami Marlins vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
New York (68-64) will face the 67-65 Marlins in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Miami injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the New York Mets at No. 21 and the Miami Marlins at No. 20 heading into this contest.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the New York Mets No. 28-ranked scoring average of 3.92 runs per game, against a Miami Marlins offense rated No. 23 and scoring 4.14 runs per game. The Mets have averaged 8.14 hits per game to date this season, less than the Marlins hitters have managed (9.3 per nine innings).
Comparing defensive stats, Miami owns the No. 12-rated road mark, allowing 4.43 runs per game on the highway. New York, on the other hand, rates No. 26 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Miami suffered a 7-4 loss against New York on Tuesday, as T Koehler wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at Citi Field.
- Miami is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- Miami is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Miami’s last 10 games
- Miami is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing NY Mets
- NY Mets is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- NY Mets is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of NY Mets’s last 15 games
- NY Mets is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Miami at New York, Thursday, September 1st