The Miami Marlins are four games ahead of the Colorado Rockies in the National League wild-card race, and the pair of NL teams will do battle at Coors Field on Saturday.
- The Rockies are 8-2 in their last 10 games following a loss.
- The Under is 6-2 in the Marlins’ last 8 road games.
- The Marlins are 8-2 in the last 10 meetings.
Andrew Cashner and Chad Bettis will take the bump for the contest. Cashner (4-7, 4.54 ERA) had a solid debut for the Fish, as he let up one earned run in six innings of a no-decision against St. Louis on Sunday. He’s yielded six earned runs in 23 2/3 innings over a four-start span, but he has no wins to show for it.
Bettis (9-6, 5.16) has gone 3-1 with a 3.55 ERA in his six July starts. He tied a season-high with eight strikeouts in a quality start against the New York Mets on Sunday. Bettis will be making his first-ever start against Miami.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Colorado Rockies were listed as -115 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, while odds makers set the opening total line around 11.5 earlier at Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.6-3.6 win for the Rockies. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Miami Marlins vs Colorado Rockies Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Colorado Rockies bring a 54-55 record to the battle against the 58-51 Marlins. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Colorado vs Miami injuries news.
The Colorado Rockies sit at No. 2 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Miami Marlins sit at No. 11 on the same chart.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Colorado Rockies and its No. 2-rated batting order, averaging 5.14 runs per nine innings, against the No. 21 line up of the Miami Marlins at 4.24 runs per outing.
Miami brings the No. 8-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Rockies’s No. 27-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Miami looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Rockies, a 5-3 final on Friday in support of D Phelps at Coors Field.
- Miami is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Miami’s last 9 games
- Miami is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Miami’s last 8 games on the road
- Colorado is 10-3 ATS in its last 13 games
- Colorado is 11-4 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Colorado’s last 12 games
- Colorado is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Miami at Colorado, Sunday, August 7th