The Chicago Cubs will be looking for the nearest DeLorean to go back in time if they can’t pull out a victory over the New York Mets at Wrigley Field Wednesday in the National League Championship Series. Chicago finds itself in a 3-0 hole in the wake of a 5-2 loss on Tuesday.
- The OVER is 6-1 in Jason Hammel’s last seven starts.
- The Mets are 1-7 in the last seven meetings with the Cubs at Wrigley Field.
- Kris Bryant is 5-for-31 with one homer and 10 strikeouts in the postseason.
Chicago has only mustered up five runs in the series’ first three games, as the Mets have effectively silenced the Cubs’ big bats. Led by Daniel Murphy, who’s slugged a home run in each contest of the series and five straight stretching back to the NLDS, the Mets have been on cruise control in the late stages of the postseason and have showed no signs of slowing down.
Steven Matz and Jason Hammel are slated to get the ball for the Mets and Cubs, respectfully in Game 4.
The bad news for the Cubbies is it’s only happened once in history – the unforgettable 2004 ALCS between the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees. Bettors of the Cubs will hope they can begin to turn things around tonight without feeling like they’ll want to go back in time themselves.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4.7-4.2 result in favor of the Cubs. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Chicago (101-69) will face the 96-74 Mets in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs New York injuries news.
This game puts the Chicago Cubs, most recently No. 2 in Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings, up against the New York Mets, who rate a No. 14 in the latest survey.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Chicago Cubs No. 16-ranked scoring average of 4.22 runs per game, against a New York Mets offense rated No. 17 and scoring 4.22 runs per game. The Cubs have averaged 8.18 hits per game to date this season, less than the Mets hitters have managed (8.29 per nine innings).
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Chicago has the No. 5-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Mets own the No. 4 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Mets grabbed a win last time out, defeating K Hendricks and the Cubs 5-2 on Tuesday at Wrigley Field.
- NY Mets is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 5 games
- NY Mets is 14-4 SU in its last 18 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of NY Mets’s last 25 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 12-4 SU in its last 16 games
- Chi Cubs is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Chi Cubs’s last 9 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games when playing NY Mets
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Chicago, Thursday, October 22nd