The New York Mets won their last outing, which means they may struggle when they kick off their three-game set with the St. Louis Cardinals Tuesday. The Mets are just 2-13 in their past 15 games coming off a win.
- Jedd Gyorko has hit 13 home runs since the All-Star break.
- The UNDER is 15-4 in the past 19 games between the Mets and Cardinals.
- The Cardinals are 6-1 in their past seven outings.
Jon Niese has not been very good since his return to the Mets, as he has a 9.28 ERA – though only one of those five appearances has been a start. Niese has posted a 5.25 ERA with a 1.56 WHIP in his 19 starts this season between the Pirates and Mets.
Busch Stadium has been kind to Jaime Garcia this season, as the lefty has a 3.18 ERA at home compared to a 5.37 ERA on the road. Garcia has pitched eight complete innings in each of his past two home starts while allowing a combined two earned runs in those outings.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the St. Louis Cardinals as -173 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 8.5 at shops such as Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 6.0-4.3 win for the Cardinals on Tuesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The St. Louis Cardinals sport a record of 66-57 heading into this matchup, while the New York Mets sit at 62-62 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs New York injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the St. Louis Cardinals at No. 27 and the New York Mets at No. 23 heading into this contest.
At the plate, St. Louis owns the No. 13 ranking for hits at 8.84 per game. By contrast, the New York Mets are rated No. 30 in the same category at 8 per game.
New York brings the No. 3-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Cardinals’s No. 12-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Mets didn’t allow a single run in their last start, as their staff shut out San Francisco 2-0 on Sunday at AT&T Park.
M Leake silenced the Phillies bats in a 9-0 victory last time out versus Philadelphia at Citizens Bank Park.
- NY Mets is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Mets’s last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Mets’s last 7 games on the road
- NY Mets is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing St. Louis
- St. Louis is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- St. Louis is 6-14 ATS in its last 20 games
- St. Louis is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of St. Louis’s last 8 games
Next Betting Matchups
New York at St. Louis, Wednesday, August 24th