The New York Mets ran their winning streak to three games with a victory over the St. Louis Cardinals in the series opener to draw within 3 1/2 games of the Cards for the second wild-card spot, and the NL clubs will collide again on Wednesday.
- The Mets are 2-5 SU in their last seven games as underdogs against the Cardinals.
- The total has gone UNDER in seven of the Mets’ last nine games on the road against the Cardinals.
- The Mets are 2-9 SU in their last 11 games on the road after a win on the road.
Jacob deGrom and Carlos Martinez are the probable starters for the Mets and Cardinals, respectively. DeGrom (7-6, 2.73 ERA) was brilliant in his previous four starts, allowing a combined two runs and 19 hits over 27 2/3 innings. He’s split a pair of starts against the Cards this year, striking out 13 and giving up six runs in 12 1/3 innings.
Martinez (11-7, 3.24) has allowed 14 runs over his previous three outings, which came on the heels of a three-start winning streak. Martinez owns a 2-1 record with a minuscule 1.31 ERA against the Cardinals in his career.
In the Mets’ last seven games when tabbed as underdogs, the OVER is a perfect 7-0. New York opened as +108 pups at sportsbooks.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the visiting New York Mets before the first pitch in this match found them as 110 moneyline underdogs earlier today at Bodog. They saw the over/under total of 7.5 earlier at TopBet.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Cardinals to win this game 5.9-4.5. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The St. Louis Cardinals sport a record of 66-58 heading into this matchup, while the New York Mets sit at 63-62 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs New York injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the St. Louis Cardinals rated this week at No. 27 and the New York Mets sitting at No. 23.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and St. Louis has baseball’s No. 5-rated offensive output, at 8.84 hits per game. The New York Mets average 8.03 hits per game, good for No. 29 on the list.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and St. Louis has the No. 14-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Mets own the No. 3 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Mets enjoyed a 7-4 victory at the expense of the Cardinals on Tuesday, with J Niese throwing 3.2 innings of 2-hit ball at Busch Stadium.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of NY Mets’s last 8 games
- NY Mets is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of NY Mets’s last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of NY Mets’s last 20 games when playing St. Louis
- St. Louis is 6-15 ATS in its last 21 games
- St. Louis is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of St. Louis’s last 9 games
- St. Louis is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at St. Louis, Thursday, August 25th