The Chicago Cubs may be the best team in baseball, but they have been completely unable to defeat the New York Mets. The Cubbies have lost eight consecutive games against the Mets while being outscored by a staggering 34 runs in those outings.
- The Mets are 2-7 in their past nine games at Wrigley Field.
- The Cubs are 3-7 SU and ATS in their past 10 games as home favorites.
- The Mets are 15-2 in their past 17 games on a Monday.
Steven Matz will look to rectify his issues with the longball when he takes the mound Monday. Matz has given up at least one home run in each of his past five starts. The Mets will be hoping that the bone spurs in Matz’ elbow will have subsided, as the youngster’s slider has seen little use since being diagnosed.
Possibly no player in baseball was happier than Jon Lester to see the All-Star Break come. The lefty has given up 13 hits, 13 earned runs and five home runs across 4.1 innings of work – two starts – so far in July.
New York Mets vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Cubs bring a 55-36 record to the battle against the 49-42 Mets. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs New York injuries news.
The Chicago Cubs sit at No. 20 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the New York Mets sit at No. 15 on the same chart.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Chicago has baseball’s No. 2-rated offensive output, at 8.59 hits per game. The New York Mets average 7.88 hits per game, good for No. 30 on the list.
Chicago owns the No. 3 defense, allowing 5.16 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with New York’s No. 2-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
J deGrom chucked 9 shutout innings at the Phillies in their last game, striking out 7 in a 5-0 win against Philadelphia in baseball action at Citizens Bank Park.
Chicago suffered a 4-1 loss against Texas on Sunday, as J Lackey wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at Wrigley Field.
- NY Mets is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- NY Mets is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets’s last 5 games
- NY Mets is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 3-11 ATS in its last 14 games
- Chi Cubs is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games
- Chi Cubs is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Chicago, Tuesday, July 19th