Bettors of the New York Mets love seeing the Arizona Diamondbacks on the schedule. In New York’s last 11 against the Mets, the D-backs are 8-3. The pair of National League clubs will collide at Chase Field on Wednesday.
- The Diamondbacks are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games at home.
- The Mets are 3-17 ATS in their last 20 games against the National League West division.
- The total has gone OVER in 21 of the Mets’ last 30 games in August.
Jonathon Niese and Zack Godley will get the ball. Niese (8-6, 5.20 ERA) will be making his first start since rejoining the team at the trade deadline. Niese is replacing the ineffective Logan Verrett in the rotation.
Godley (3-2, 5.24) allowed one run and two hits in 5 1/3 innings against Boston on Friday. Godley is 2-2 with a 5.48 ERA in six home tilts this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Arizona Diamondbacks in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline favorites of -114 at BetOnline for Wednesday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 9.5 at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.2-4.6 win for the Mets on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs Arizona Diamondbacks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
49-70 Arizona battles the Mets, currently with a 60-59 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Arizona vs New York injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Arizona Diamondbacks rated this week at No. 30 and the New York Mets sitting at No. 23.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting New York Mets rank No. 30 at 7.91 hits per game. That compares with the Arizona Diamondbacks No. 5 ranking in that category.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Arizona has the No. 30-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Mets own the No. 3 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York rolled to a 7-5 win against Arizona on Tuesday, as N Syndergaard and the Mets’ bats led the team to victory at Chase Field.
- NY Mets is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 6 games
- NY Mets is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of NY Mets’s last 18 games on the road
- Arizona is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Arizona is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona’s last 6 games
- Arizona is 2-8 ATS in its last 10 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at San Francisco, Thursday, August 18th
Arizona at San Diego, Thursday, August 18th