The New York Mets struck first in Game 1 of their National League Divisional Series against the Los Angeles Dodgers but they’ll have their hands full in Game 2 Saturday evening in the Golden State.
- Mets slugger Yoenis Cespedes hasn’t homered since September 14.
- Dodgers OF Andre Ethier is 4-for-31 over the last three postseasons.
- The Over is 16-6-2 in the last 24 meetings between the clubs.
Star Dodgers hurler Zack Greinke will take the bump, while the Mets will counter with young gun Noah Syndergaard. Greinke (19-3, 1.66 ERA) and Syndergaard (9-7, 3.24 ERA) will be looking to follow up a pair of stellar pitching performances by Clayton Kershaw and Jacob deGrom in the series opener. deGrom finished with 13 strikeouts, but Clayton Kershaw’s postseason woes continued once again.
Los Angeles has lost eight straight playoff series after dropping the opening game, a trend that will surely worry Dodgers backers especially if they head to The Big Apple down 2-0.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The New York Mets were listed as 177 underdogs on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 5.5 before betting started earlier on Saturday over at Bodog.
Odds – VSB
prediction models pick the Mets to win this game 4.7-4.4. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs Los Angeles Dodgers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
92-71 Los Angeles battles the Mets, currently with a 91-72 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs New York injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 15-ranked Los Angeles Dodgers and the No. 14-rated New York Mets in this matchup.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Los Angeles has baseball’s No. 19-rated offensive output, at 8.28 hits per game. The New York Mets average 8.33 hits per game, good for No. 25 on the list.
New York brings the No. 5-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Dodgers’s No. 2-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
J deGrom blew away 13 Los Angeles batters in the Mets’s last start, leading them to a 3-1 win over Los Angeles on Friday at Dodger Stadium.
- NY Mets is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets’s last 5 games
- NY Mets is 12-3 SU in its last 15 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of NY Mets’s last 15 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games
- LA Dodgers is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
- LA Dodgers is 16-8 SU in its last 24 games when playing NY Mets
Next Betting Matchups
New York home to Los Angeles, Monday, October 12th