The Mets are on the verge of winning their first playoff series since 2006 after a 13-run outburst in Game 3. Steven Matz will be tasked with shutting down the Dodgers in what will be his first career postseason start, while the Dodgers will counter with their ace, Clayton Kershaw.
- The Dodgers are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games vs the Mets.
- In 108 combined career at bats, the current Mets lineup has only one home run vs Kershaw.
- In Game 1 vs Kershaw, Mets OF Yeonis Cespedes struck out three times.
Kershaw has been far from ace-like throughout his career pitching in the playoffs. He currently holds a 4.99 career playoff ERA, but was decent in Game 1, striking out 11 batters and allowing three hits over 6.2 innings pitched. Kershaw will be pitching on just three days’ rest, something he’s done twice before in the playoffs, posting a 1-1 record.
To the delight of Mets fans, Kershaw hasn’t exactly been clutch when pitching with his team facing elimination. He holds an 0-2 record with an atrocious 9.00 ERA.
Matz will hope to contribute to a trend that has seen the Dodgers go 2-6 in their last eight road games. In one start against the Dodgers this season, Matz picked up a win, allowing just two hits in six innings pitched while collecting eight strikeouts.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Mets bring a 92-73 record to the battle against the 93-72 Dodgers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings have the New York Mets at No. 14 and the Los Angeles Dodgers at No. 15 heading into this contest.
The game also pits New York Mets No. 17-rated offense, averaging 4.25 runs per game, against a Los Angeles Dodgers defense that ranks No. 3 at 3.72 in runs allowed per game. The New York Mets have averaged 8.34 hits per game so far, more than Los Angeles Dodgers batters have averaged on the year (8.3 hits per game).
New York owns the No. 5 defense, allowing 4.25 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Los Angeles’s No. 3-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Los Angeles suffered a 13-7 loss against New York on Monday, as Br Anderson wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at Citi Field.
- LA Dodgers is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games
- LA Dodgers is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing NY Mets
- NY Mets is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets’s last 7 games
- NY Mets is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
- NY Mets is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles home to New York, Thursday, October 15th