The New York Mets will send pitcher Matt Harvey to the bump for the first playoff game at Citi Field with good reason Monday when they continue their National League Division Series with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Harvey has been far superior at home this season with an 8-3 record and a 2.23 ERA in New York compared to 5-5 with a 3.42 ERA on the road.
- This will be Brett Anderson’s second career playoff start, with the first in the 2012 ALDS.
- The Mets went 26-13 in playoffs games at Shea Stadium.
- Anderson had the highest ground ball rate in baseball this season, forcing grounders 66.3 percent of the time.
In the past 32 division series’ that saw the teams 1-1, the winner of Game 3 has gone on to take the series 25 times.
The Dodgers see a significant drop in pitching and will send Brett Anderson to the mound after Clayton Kershaw and Zack Grienke in Game 1 and 2 respectively. Los Angeles is 1-3 in Anderson’s past four starts with the leftie surrendering 31 hits and 15 earned runs in those games.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Los Angeles Dodgers listed as underdogs of 148 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 6.5, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Odds – VSB
prediction models pick the Mets to win this game 4.6-4.3. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Mets bring a 91-73 record to the battle against the 93-71 Dodgers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings have the New York Mets at No. 14 and the Los Angeles Dodgers at No. 15 heading into this contest.
Offensively, the game matches up New York Mets No. 17 ranked offense (4.2 runs per game) against a Los Angeles Dodgers defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 2 at 3.66 runs allowed per game. The New York Mets have been averaging 8.31 hits per game, more than the Los Angeles Dodgers have managed so far this season (8.27 hits on average).
New York owns the No. 5 defense, allowing 4.2 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Los Angeles’s No. 2-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- LA Dodgers is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- LA Dodgers is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games when playing NY Mets
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of LA Dodgers’s last 13 games when playing NY Mets
- NY Mets is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets’s last 6 games
- NY Mets is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of NY Mets’s last 10 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at New York, Tuesday, October 13th