The New York Mets are losing ground in the National League wild-card race, but there’s still plenty of time for them to right the ship. A win against the San Francisco Giants on Friday could be just what the doctor ordered to get the Mets back on track.
- The total has gone OVER in the Mets’ last four games against the Giants.
- The Giants are 18-6 SU in their last 24 games with Johnny Cueto as the starting pitcher.
- The Mets are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games on the road after a loss on the road.
Steven Matz and Johnny Cueto will take the bump. Matz (9-8, 3.40 ERA) was victorious in his lone career start against San Francisco, allowing seven hits and three walks in six scoreless innings on April 29.
Cueto (13-3, 2.97) is 0-2 with a 4.84 ERA in six outings since starting for the National League in the All-Star Game. He settled for no-decisions in three of his last three outings, including a 6 2/3 inning effort against Baltimore in his last start which saw him give up three runs and eight hits.
Matz has been a great source for UNDER bettors of late. In Matz’s last nine appearances, the UNDER is 7-2.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the visiting New York Mets before the first pitch in this match found them as 135 moneyline underdogs earlier today at Bodog. They saw the over/under total of 7 earlier at TopBet.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 6.2-4.9 result in favor of the Giants. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
67-54 San Francisco battles the Mets, currently with a 60-61 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs New York injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the San Francisco Giants at No. 16 and the New York Mets at No. 25 heading into this contest.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the San Francisco Giants No. 17-ranked scoring average of 4.49 runs per game, against a New York Mets offense rated No. 29 and scoring 3.78 runs per game. The Giants have averaged 8.96 hits per game to date this season, more than the Mets hitters have managed (7.97 per nine innings).
New York brings the No. 3-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Giants’s No. 6-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York looks to rebound from a loss to the Giants, who beat them 10-7 on Thursday behind a start from M Bumgarner at AT&T Park.
- NY Mets is 2-8 ATS in its last 10 games
- NY Mets is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 5 games
- NY Mets is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- San Francisco is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- San Francisco is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 6 games
- San Francisco is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at San Francisco, Saturday, August 20th