There is no doubt that Jose Fernandez is one of the best young pitchers in baseball today and if you need any proof, just ask the New York Mets. The Miami Marlins’ ace has dominated the Mets throughout his career with the righty posting 1.32 ERA and a 0.88 WHIP in six career appearances against New York.
- The Marlins are 8-1 against the runline in their past nine home games.
- The Mets are 7-3 in their past seven games in Miami.
- Jose Fernandez is 8-1 with a 1.53 ERA in 10 home starts this season.
Opposing Fernandez will be Jacob deGrom. The Mets’ pitcher has been lights out as of late, with the righty giving up just three runs in his past four starts while registering 28 strikeouts.
If the Mets struggle to solve Fernandez, it could continue their impressive streak of UNDERs. The UNDER has hit in each of the Mets past 10 games with the club averaging just 2.6 runs per game in that span.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Miami Marlins as -145 favorites on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 6.5 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.4-2.2 win for the Marlins. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs Miami Marlins Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
52-44 Miami battles the Mets, currently with a 51-44 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Miami vs New York injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Miami Marlins rated this week at No. 7 and the New York Mets sitting at No. 17.
Offensively, the game matches up Miami Marlins No. 21 ranked offense (4.19 runs per game) against a New York Mets defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 3 at 3.55 runs allowed per game. The Miami Marlins have been averaging 9.44 hits per game, more than the New York Mets have managed so far this season (7.88 hits on average).
New York brings the No. 3-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Marlins’s No. 10-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Marlins, a 5-3 final on Friday in support of Logan Verrett at Marlins Park.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets’s last 5 games
- NY Mets is 5-11 ATS in its last 16 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets’s last 5 games on the road
- NY Mets is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing Miami
- Miami is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami’s last 5 games
- Miami is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games at home
- Miami is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Miami, Sunday, July 24th