The long awaited first start of Washington Nationals’ top prospect has finally arrived. Lucas Giolito (5-3, 3.17 ERA in Double-A) will take the mound in a spot start for Stephen Strasburg who hit the DL Sunday to face Matt Harvey (4-9, 4.64 ERA) and the New York Mets.
- The Nationals are 7-1 in their last 8 games at home.
- The Mets are 2-6 in their last 8 games with Matt Harvey as their starter.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the Mets’ last 6 games against the Nats.
Giolito, who many seem to think is the top-prospect in all of baseball, will look to follow in the footsteps of Pirates’ top pitching prospect Jameson Taillon, who faced the Mets in his first two MLB starts and posted two quality starts.
Matt Harvey has been a wild card this year but has shown flashes of the dominance we had grown accustomed to after the Dark Knight’s first 65 career starts before this season. Harvey faced the Braves in his last two starts and gave up a total of six runs in 12 innings – not quite what you’d expect from a guy who is supposed to be an organization’s ace.
New York Mets vs Washington Nationals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
45-32 Washington battles the Mets, currently with a 40-35 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs New York injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Washington Nationals at No. 7 and the New York Mets at No. 18 heading into this contest.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Washington has baseball’s No. 13-rated offensive output, at 8.6 hits per game. The New York Mets average 7.79 hits per game, good for No. 29 on the list.
New York brings the No. 2-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Nationals’s No. 3-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Mets were saddled with a loss last time out in N Syndergaard’s start, as they lost 11-4 against Washington on Monday at Nationals Park.
- NY Mets is 1-9 ATS in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of NY Mets’s last 10 games
- NY Mets is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- NY Mets is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- Washington is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- Washington is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of Washington’s last 22 games
- Washington is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Washington, Wednesday, June 29th