The New York Mets’ offense isn’t doing much to help them gain ground in the National League East, but they’ll have an opportunity to halt their downward slide against the first-place Washington Nationals on Wednesday.
- The Mets are 1-3 SU in their last four games against the Nationals.
- The Nationals are 8-1 SU in their last nine games at home.
- The Mets are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games against their division.
Logan Verrett and Max Scherzer are the probable starters for both teams. Verrett (3-4, 4.14 ERA) was recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas last week and will be making his fifth start and 21st appearance this season.
Scherzer (8-5, 3.52) is giving up home runs at an alarming rate this year. The 31-year-old has surrendered 20 homers so far this season but has recorded double-digit strikeouts in three-straight outings heading into the tilt.
Scherzer is usually known as an UNDER pitcher, but that’s changed this year. In the lefty’s last seven starts, the OVER is 6-1.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Washington Nationals as -162 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 7.5 at shops such as Bodog.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Nationals to win this game 6.5-2.9. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs Washington Nationals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Washington Nationals bring a 46-32 record to the battle against the 40-36 Mets. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs New York injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 7-rated Washington Nationals and the league No. 18-ranked New York Mets, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
On offense, it’s a battle between the Washington Nationals and its No. 12-rated batting order, averaging 4.59 runs per nine innings, against the No. 28 line up of the New York Mets at 3.61 runs per outing.
Washington owns the No. 3 defense, allowing 4.59 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with New York’s No. 2-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Lucas Giolito shut down the Mets in their last game, striking out in a 5-0 shutout over New York in baseball action at Nationals Park.
- NY Mets is 1-10 ATS in its last 11 games
- NY Mets is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of NY Mets’s last 11 games
- NY Mets is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- Washington is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of Washington’s last 23 games
- Washington is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Washington is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York home to Chicago, Thursday, June 30th
Washington home to Cincinnati, Thursday, June 30th