Another marquee matchup on the MLB schedule featuring a less than impressive pitching matchup as the Mets take on the Nationals in Washington Monday. The Mets are currently in a dogfight with the Cardinals for the final playoff spot so this series serves as a massive opportunity for New York.
- The Mets are 3-7 on both the moneyline and the runline in their last 10 games against the Nationals.
- The Nationals are 6-1 in their last 7 games against their division.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of the Mets’ last 16 games on the road.
The Nationals recently acquired Mat Latos from the White Sox and will roll him out tonight for his first start with his new team. Latos is filling in for Stephen Strasburg, who will most likely miss the rest of the season with elbow issues. Latos was excellent to start the season to most people’s surprise but has regressed hard to the mean. In his last seven starts with the Sox, Mat allowed three or more runs in all but one game.
Rafael Montero (4.63 ERA) will make his third start for the Mets tonight after allowing just three runs in his last 9.1 innings combined. Lefties have destroyed Montero so far as he’s given up a .350 batting average and .958 on-base plus slugging percentage since coming to the big show.
New York Mets vs Washington Nationals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Washington (85-58) will face the 76-67 Mets in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs New York injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Washington Nationals rated this week at No. 17 and the New York Mets sitting at No. 2.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting New York Mets rank No. 27 at 8.15 hits per game. That compares with the Washington Nationals No. 17 ranking in that category.
New York brings the No. 3-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Nationals’s No. 2-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Braves, a 10-3 final on Sunday in support of Seth Lugo at Turner Field.
Washington got the job done in their last match in a 3-2 victory over Philadelphia on Sunday at Nationals Park behind starter G Gonzalez.
- NY Mets is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games
- NY Mets is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Mets’s last 9 games
- NY Mets is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Washington is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Washington is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Washington’s last 14 games
- Washington is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Washington, Tuesday, September 13th