Matt Harvey helped dispel any nervousness from the Mets’ faithful, as the pitcher looked good in his first start since having a surgery to remove a rib. ‘The Dark Knight’ was on a pitch count in that outing but could have more freedom when he faces off against the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday. Harvey has a 2.65 ERA and a 0.919 WHIP while averaging 9.7 K/9 in nine starts against the Phillies.
– Shark BITES
- Odubel Herrera has gone 2-for-12 with four strikeouts in his career against Matt Harvey.
- The Mets are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road against the Phillies.
- The Phillies are 4-11 SU in their last 15 games against their division.
Philadelphia will counter with Clay Buchholz, who looks to redeem himself after a poor first performance with his new team. Buchholz, whom Philly traded for in the offseason, allowed eight hits and four runs while walking two in 5.0 innings of work in his season debut. The biggest concern is his velocity, as Buchholz threw every pitch in his arsenal slower than he did last season.
The Mets squeaked out a 4-3 win over the Phillies on Monday thanks to Jay Bruce. The right-fielder has been the Mets’ hottest bat recently, registering five runs, four RBIs and two home runs in the past two games.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting New York Mets were -137 moneyline favorites in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bovada. The total was 8 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.1-2.6 win for the Phillies. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs Philadelphia Phillies Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
3-4 Philadelphia battles the Mets, currently with a 4-3 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Philadelphia vs New York injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 20-rated Philadelphia Phillies and the league No. 4-ranked New York Mets, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark.
The game also pits Philadelphia Phillies No. 4-rated offense, averaging 5.43 runs per game, against a New York Mets defense that ranks No. 8 at 3.57 in runs allowed per game. The Philadelphia Phillies have averaged 8.71 hits per game so far, more than New York Mets batters have averaged on the year (6.29 hits per game).
Comparing defensive stats, New York owns the No. 3-rated road mark, allowing 3 runs per game on the highway. Philadelphia, on the other hand, rates No. 2 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- NY Mets is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of NY Mets’s last 12 games
- NY Mets is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- NY Mets is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Philadelphia is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Philadelphia’s last 11 games
- Philadelphia is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Philadelphia, Wednesday, April 12th