The Pittsburgh Pirates will look to continue their domination over the New York Mets when the two clubs kick a weekday series Monday night at PNC Park. The Pirates have claimed victory in the past seven meetings between the two clubs while abusing the Mets for an average of six runs per game in that span.
– Shark Bites
- Andrew McCutchen is expected to be back in the lineup after sitting out Sunday with a thumb injury.
- The Mets are 10-2 in their past 12 games as a moneyline favorite of -115 or less.
- The Pirates are 5-1 in their past six games following a loss as a favorite.
New York will trot youngster Steven Matz to the bump in hope to rectify their struggles against the Bucs. Matz – who has not lost a decision since his first outing of the year – has been flawless on the road with a 4-0 record and a 1.32 ERA in four games away from Citi Field.
The Mets will see a familiar face take to the mound when the Pirates start Jonathon Niese. Niese – who spent his entire career with the Mets until being traded to the Pirates last September – has a 2.64 ERA in his past five starts.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the Pittsburgh Pirates in this matchup found them as -105 on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 7.5 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Odds – OddsShark computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 5.7-2.1 victory for the Mets. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs Pittsburgh Pirates Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Pittsburgh (30-26) will face the 31-24 Mets in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Pittsburgh vs New York injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 5 (Pittsburgh Pirates) and the No. 19 (New York Mets) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Pittsburgh Pirates No. 6-ranked scoring average of 4.95 runs per game, against a New York Mets offense rated No. 27 and scoring 3.76 runs per game. The Pirates have averaged 9.68 hits per game to date this season, more than the Mets hitters have managed (7.71 per nine innings).
Comparing defensive stats, New York owns the No. 2-rated road mark, allowing 3.14 runs per game on the highway. Pittsburgh, on the other hand, rates No. 6 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York didn’t plate a single run in their last outing, shut down by J Fernandez in a losing cause, 1-0, against Miami on Sunday.
Pittsburgh didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 5-4 to Los Angeles on Sunday at PNC Park.
- NY Mets is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 6 games on the road
- NY Mets is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Pittsburgh
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 5 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- Pittsburgh is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games at home
- Pittsburgh is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing NY Mets
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Pittsburgh, Tuesday, June 7th