The Pittsburgh Pirates have been facing little challenge when they take on the New York Mets. The Pirates have won nine consecutive meetings with the Mets with five of those victories coming by three or more runs. The two clubs will close out their series Wednesday at PNC Park.
– Shark Bites
- The UNDER is 11-3 in the past 14 games between the Mets and Pirates at PNC Park.
- The Mets are 14-2 in their past 16 games against the NL Central.
- The Pirates are 12-5 in their past 17 games against the NL
If there is one pitcher that may be able to lift the Mets past the Pirates for the first time since June 28, 2014, it is Noah Syndergaard. The fireballer has a ridiculous 1.91 ERA with a 0.96 WHIP so far this season while only allowing more than two runs in an outing twice.
The biggest storyline of this game though may be Jameson Taillon. The 24-year old was the second overall pick in the 2010 MLB Draft – selected between Bryce Harper and Manny Machado – but underwent Tommy John surgery in 2014. Taillon – who has a 2.04 ERA in 10 starts in Triple A this year – will finally be making the first start of his career.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog had installed the Pittsburgh Pirates as 128 moneyline underdogs in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 7.5 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Odds – Shark computer score prediction models pick a possible 4.1-3.9 win for the Mets on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs Pittsburgh Pirates Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
32-26 Pittsburgh battles the Mets, currently with a 31-26 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Pittsburgh vs New York injuries news.
This game puts the Pittsburgh Pirates, most recently No. 5 in Odds – Shark MLB Power Rankings, up against the New York Mets, who rate a No. 19 in the latest survey.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Pittsburgh Pirates and its No. 6-rated batting order, averaging 4.88 runs per nine innings, against the No. 28 line up of the New York Mets at 3.67 runs per outing.
Pittsburgh owns the No. 17 defense, allowing 4.88 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with New York’s No. 2-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York suffered a 3-1 loss against Pittsburgh on Tuesday, as J deGrom wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at PNC Park.
- NY Mets is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 6 games
- NY Mets is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of NY Mets’s last 16 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Pittsburgh’s last 9 games at home
- Pittsburgh is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing NY Mets
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Pittsburgh’s last 19 games when playing NY Mets
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Milwaukee, Thursday, June 9th
Pittsburgh at Colorado, Thursday, June 9th
Tagged with: feature