Ending a six-game losing streak in his last start, Matt Harvey (3-3, 5.36 ERA) will take the mound in Sunday’s prime-timer for the Mets as they look for the series win against the Pirates. Second-year man Tyler Glasnow (2-3, 6.69 ERA) has gotten the call for Pittsburgh as he too tries to build on a better performance in his last appearance.
– Shark BITES
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Matt Harvey’s last 10 starts.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Tyler Glasnow’s last 8 starts.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the Mets’ last 7 games at PNC Park.
Given the trends, a bet on the OVER on an opening total of nine seems like a no-brainer. Both starters have had incredibly tumultuous seasons with just six quality starts between them and games they’ve appeared in this year have averaged an astronomical finishing total of 11.4 runs.
Space cadet Harvey is no stranger is to astronomy as he served up three moon shots to this Pirates’ lineup the last time he faced them. That being said, the Bucs are near the bottom of the league in most power categories this year and may need to keep the ball grounded on a cool, cloudy day in Pittsburgh.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Pittsburgh was a -109 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 9.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 6.0-5.8 result in favor of the Mets. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs Pittsburgh Pirates Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Pittsburgh Pirates sport a record of 23-27 heading into this matchup, while the New York Mets sit at 20-27 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Pittsburgh vs New York injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 21-rated Pittsburgh Pirates and the league No. 22-ranked New York Mets, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark.
At the plate, Pittsburgh owns the No. 25 ranking for hits at 7.94 per game. By contrast, the New York Mets are rated No. 15 in the same category at 8.45 per game.
Comparing defensive stats, New York owns the No. 30-rated road mark, allowing 6.33 runs per game on the highway. Pittsburgh, on the other hand, rates No. 26 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York lost in extra innings against the Pirates on Saturday as Pittsburgh edged them 5-4 at PNC Park.
- NY Mets is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- NY Mets is 4-11 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Mets’s last 7 games
- NY Mets is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games
- Pittsburgh is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games at home
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing NY Mets
Next Betting Matchups
New York home to Milwaukee, Monday, May 29th
Pittsburgh home to Arizona, Monday, May 29th